HomeStylish FramesQuality LensesContact LensesHearing TestsContact Us (& Links)
Eye Examinations
State of the Art
Eyecare Plan
History
History

 

The History of 7 George Street, Mossley

Change of Address CardMiss Anderton started her practice in October 1958 at a house in Stamford Road, Upper Mossley.  There was only one consulting room and soon after Mr Akbar joined the practice they moved to new purpose-built premises just around the corner in George Street.

Miss Anderton formed a limited company called "Mary Elizabeth Anderton (Ophthalmic Opticians) Ltd.", and as the business grew the building was extended, and the company was changed to include all the optometrists names, and so became "Anderton, Akbar & Procter (Ophthalmic Opticians) Ltd.".  Miss Anderton retired in 1998, but the company retains the same name to this day.

We have six dedicated members of staff, some of whom have been with the practice for many years, so you will always see familiar faces as well as new members of staff.  We often test different generations of the same family, but we love to see new patients too. 

Sepia image  

HomeStylish FramesQuality LensesContact LensesHearing TestsContact Us (& Links)